This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How do I use Kiwi CAT tools to connect via a Raritan

Background Information

I have a unique situation. I have several Cisco 3750/2960 switches connected via console to a Raritan, I log into the Raritan via a web interface and this allows me to access each of my switches. The Raritan also allows for direct port access of all my target switches, all I have to do is assign a port number to the switch (8081) and then I can connect via SSH/TELNET by using the IP of the Raritan and the port of the switch.

The Problem

I am unable to access the switches with Kiwi Cat Tools. When I run a task it successfully connects first to the Raritan via SSH but it errors out with "did not receive command prompt after connecting with SSH". The problem is that after connecting via SSH you have to hit "enter" to wake up the device. The underlying function already does this by sending a  vbCr, but looking through the debug log even sending the vbCr doesn't illicit a response from the target. Can anybody help with this. I would attach the logs, but the problem resided on a closed off stand alone system that I cannot attach removable media to.

• SOLUTION:

The VB programming had an IF statement that only sent a vbCR if the buffer was empty. My buffer was not empty, but it also wasn't the correct prompt. When you login via DPA, it outputs "You are the master for the port". I had to program a manual vbCR for this statement, which then gave me the correct "#" prompt and was able to connect through the Raritan to a Cisco 2960 and 3750.