cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kelvins
Level 7

Fortigate, kiwi cattools saying new config each run

Hello

I have installed a trial version of Kiwi Cat Tools (v3.11) and looking at backing up Fortigate machines.  All is well, except poll, it is saying the configuration has changed.  Lines in Red are like this:

set schedule "always"         set schedule "always"100
101         set passphrase ENC FPdfLnnIwhD9LIHCoJfoyfoQGgNeiUyxr4RVSUwMGNFZsQwWDLKcPB5Eqejqh0ePFYGWDCjySMNVqva2vF4nPNn0WMWDoMRdX0TpDwaayNtjNuREAT3sNpVb39QLZIe2D4oAHu1Osu139qZf9+eQ0XfLfsUffmCFwRJNJ2tsQTeFfhOpmbc7wUj0Fl9D/uluALmIgA==         set passphrase ENC xRTcqKb2BSw02VEPiVz2nCqtl9Mq324cD9BBTwOT3/8j+OlRdkxorhfjLA6c0WMxLpkG362DCi0LApyZO4k84hVk2wi/MEn7wA/sEc+18uBueTGMuP+yjLdAm7IrvrgbR6cqIyeainCDs8IGNBumpCX1gv29+gnfK8BFZRcBKymbz/eiyJpZatRKH6zqTCkPGmiP+Q==101

next

I gather it is the fortigate that is changing as these are different every run.  How do I get the CatTools to ignore these changes. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
bkyle
Level 15

Re: Fortigate, kiwi cattools saying new config each run

If you use Variations, it will allow you to ignore text in configurations.

0 Kudos
kelvins
Level 7

Hello

That sounds great in thoery except the only Fortigate gathering that actually works, does not support variations.  If I used Fortigate.OS (or whatever it is), it continuous says "skipping --more" and using the debug, looks like it only retrieves one line at a time.  Do you know if there is a program that un-encrypts the gathering script to see what it is doing, or somewhere to log at bug?

0 Kudos
bkyle
Level 15

How do you skip in a Putty session?  By this I mean continue past a page break?

0 Kudos