cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Device.CLI.Modify Config on Dell Switches

Jump to solution

I am trying to create an activity that will update the config on multiple dell switches at once.  I am using the Device.CLI.Modify Config activity with no success on just one switch.  Currently I am just trying to add vlan 20 to a single PowerConnect 3524P switch .  Under Config commands to be entered into the device, I have tried both this:

conf

vlan database

vlan 20

exit

and this:

vlan database

vlan 20

exit

with no success.  I don't get any errors and the report file has nothing under commands entered.  I can however run a Device.Backup.Running Config activity on the same device with no problems.  Anyone have any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Hi,

Device.CLI.Modify Config activity is not supported for Dell.Switch.CLI device type. Please use Device.CLI.Send Commands activity to do the same.

It should work!

Still if you are facing the problem please share me the Debug Log.You can get the debug log by doing the following,

1.Enable capture mode under File menu.

2.Run the activity

3.Collect the file under Debug folder with the device name.

Note:

Please don't forget to mark the sensitive information like passwords in the file as '******'

Thanks,

Nanda

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 12

Hi,

Can you please share the manual PuTTy log of these commands being issued to analyze this issue?

Thanks,

Nanda

0 Kudos

Here it is.

User Name:admin
Password:***********************

LC1-3.0-Public-3524P# conf

LC1-3.0-Public-3524P(config)# vlan database
LC1-3.0-Public-3524P(config-vlan)# vlan 20
LC1-3.0-Public-3524P(config-vlan)# exit
LC1-3.0-Public-3524P(config)# exit
LC1-3.0-Public-3524P# log

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi,

Device.CLI.Modify Config activity is not supported for Dell.Switch.CLI device type. Please use Device.CLI.Send Commands activity to do the same.

It should work!

Still if you are facing the problem please share me the Debug Log.You can get the debug log by doing the following,

1.Enable capture mode under File menu.

2.Run the activity

3.Collect the file under Debug folder with the device name.

Note:

Please don't forget to mark the sensitive information like passwords in the file as '******'

Thanks,

Nanda

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

The Device.CLI.Send Commands worked great!  Thanks!

0 Kudos