This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Compare the Current Backup with Last Backup and Generate Report via E Mail

Hi Kiwi SW Team ,
I have got an activity requirement. The requirement is as follows
Compare The Last Backup of device With Previous Backup of that device and if any changes found in the last backup generate the report alone for the changes on all device configured on the activity and trigger an E mail .
The report should contain only the Name of the device corresponding to that the changes found for that device
Could anyone can help me on creating the custom script for this activity it would will be highly appreciate ad really a useful for every one
Best Regards
Vineeth  V M

• Hi Kiwi SW Team ,

Requesting you to please check My post and Kindly suggest me a solution for this .

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Vineeth

• Hi,

I think CatTools does most of this and on the option tab of the backup activity you can specify to send an e-mail only if the configs change.

This will report all devices that have changed in a sortable table. Can I inquire as to why you would want this on an email per device basis?

Kind regards,

Wardini

• Hi Wardini ,

I am getting a report (Backup Running Config Report) . it's a zip file whihc don't have the content . I am looking for report which NCM used to send . A single mail . all changed configs from each equipments 

Like below

#############################

conduit permit tcp host 24.7.15.122 eq 80 host 172.22.20.165 ( This is the new config compare to yesterday's con-fig )

################################

onduit permit tcp host 24.7.15.122 eq 80 host 172.22.20.165 ( This is the new config compare to yesterday's con-fig )

###################################

Like this way  is it possible

Regards

Vineeth

• I think you may be posting in the wrong forum? This is the CatTools forum not NCM?

• Hi Wardini ,

No I am talking about CatTools Only . Since there is diff program added with Cat Tools .
    I Was just thinking to get a report of changes happened in my all  network devices at every morning as the way I am getting the Backup Running Config Report.

My requirement is a Backup Config Chang  Report  Which is smiler like Backup Running Config Report

I guess It can be achieve  . When CatTools Taking a backup it has to compare the taken backup with the previous backup and  if there is a change
    a report need to be made depends on the change ... a report mail need to trigger as like Backup Running Config Report .

Right now Backup Running Config Report  looks Groups Name ,IP Address , Backup and Change

The Way Config Chang  Report mail can be formated Groups Name ,IP Address , and Change

This report will really help a lot of administrates to audit the day to day changes on equipments

I applicate all of yours efforts to getting such report

Thanks and Regards
    Vineeth

• Vineeth,

If I'm understanding you correctly this report would be the same as the Device.Backup.Running Config report but would only have details of devices that had changed and would not include the backup column?

Regards,

Wardini

• Hi Wardini ,
     Yes that is what my requirement .  But on the changes column I want the exact configuration changes happened on my network equipment  compare to the last backup .
    Regards
    Vineeth

• Hi Vineeth - did you say you used to have NCM? I think NCM can handle this requirement for you. 

--Christine

• Hi Christineb ,

Yes I have tested the NCM and it is sending such reports . My question is here since we have integrated a diff tool why cant we make such kind of reports ...and it will be an added advantage of Cattools . 

Regards

Vineeth

• Hi Vineeth: 

CatTools is an entry level product, and just doesn't have all the functionality - reporting and otherwise - that NCM has. NCM is meant for more complex networks and more complicated use cases, while CatTools offers very solid, basic functionality. 

I hope that helps. 

--C