cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Backup config.csv for a RuggedCom device

I am trying to find a way to schedule the backup of a ruggedcom RS900G using CatTools.  We have a banner configured and once you log in, the device prompts you to press enter.  I cant seem to find a way to send <enter> to the device.  That seems to be the hold up right now.

At the end of the day I need the program to SSH in, and copy the file to a directory like my cisco switches.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Level 15

Hi Mmichaels - I'm sorry to say, we don't currently support RuggedCom devices.  We hope/plan to support it soon... but in the meantime, you might try the Generic.Device in CatTools, and use the variations system to try to get it working.

The Pre/Post Login tab has ‘Post-Login Keystrokes’ and ‘Post-Login Message’ fields.  By using these fields, you might be able to get past the post login banner prompt (where you have to press enter to continue). 

Let us know how it goes? 

--Christine

0 Kudos

I have been trying to use the generic.device and the variations to do it.  I just cant figure out how to get cattools to send a <enter>.  Is there a way to send it?

0 Kudos

In the Device Variations panel on the Pre/Post Login tab in the pre-login keys box type CR.

See the link below for more detail.

http://www.kiwisyslog.com/help/cattools/dev_devicevariations.htm

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Wardini

0 Kudos

I found the way to get the system to respond <enter> and can see int the debug file that the system sees the menu.  The activity stops on "Failed to determine hostname - no prompt character found"  There isnt a prompt because its menu based and so you wont ever see anything like cisco-2950>.  From the menu if you type CTRL-S you get to a cli with a prompt of ">".  But I cant get cattools to send the CTRL-S.

0 Kudos

On some vendor devices which have both Menu and CLI modes, you can config the 'default' mode for the device .

You may want to check the user manual to see if this is avaialble on your device, as this will get round the problem.

Regards,

Steve

0 Kudos

The device is not specifically supported by cattools.  If I can get the system to send a CTRL-S from the point I am at, everything will work.  The problem is there isnt a prompt for it to respond to.

0 Kudos

Are you at a menu when the CTRL-S is required?  If so, try setting the prompt in the variations to be the last few characters returned in the menu.

Steve

0 Kudos

Are you at a menu when the CTRL-S is required?  If so, try setting the prompt in the variations to be the last few characters returned in the menu.

Steve

0 Kudos