This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Another Fortinet Issue...

I have one more Fortinet issue and I'm not sure how easy this one is going to be...

We had this working after the last update to the expected login return however, we've had to change a variable that has it all mixed up again.  We've now had to introduce a login banner to the SSH login prompt per our legal team.  So what happens is that CatTools has a successfull login and then get's hung up at the login banner after login which asks for an A to accept or D to decline as seen in the debug below.  Is there a way to tell CatTools during it's backup script to first answer a to accept before proceeding with it's normal content?

<NEWSESSION Kiwi CatTools 3.3.17 8/11/2009 10:51:50 AM>
<PROTOCOL=SSH2>
<DEVICE TYPE=Fortinet.FortiOS.General>
<ACTIVITY TYPE=Device.Backup.Running Config>
<ACTIVITY SCRIPT=C:\Program Files\CatTools3\Scripts\Client.Device.Backup.Running Config.txt>
<USERS NAME FOR DEVICE=XXX XXX XXX>
<C OK 10:51:51 AM><R-10:51:51 AM>[13][10]W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G [13][10]This is a private computer system. Unauthorized access or use [13][10]is prohibited and subject to prosecution and/or disciplinary [13][10]action. All use of this system constitutes consent to [13][10]monitoring at all times and users are not entitled to any [13][10]expectation of privacy. If monitoring reveals possible evidence[13][10]of violation of criminal statutes, this evidence and any other [13][10]related information, including identification information about [13][10]the user, may be provided to law enforcement officials.[13][10]If monitoring reveals violations of security regulations or[13][10]unauthorized use, employees who violate security regulations or[13][10]make unauthorized use of this system are subject to appropriate [13][10]disciplinary action.[13][10]W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G[13][10] (Press 'a' to accept):<W-10:51:56 AM>[13]<R-10:51:56 AM>[13][10][13][10]<D 10:51:56 AM>
<SCRIPT VALUES>
<HOSTNAME="">
<PROMPT VTY="">
<PROMPT ENABLE="">
<PROMPT CONFIG="">

================================================================================
WFDRetVal=0. Waiting for: " "
WFDBuffer="[13][10][13][10]"
================================================================================

• It is possible to get CatTools to handle the custom banner prompt; however it would require a change to the Fortinet.FortiOS.General device script in order to facilitate this.

Because your custom banner is very specific to your company, we can't make the change to the 'out-the-box' script provided in the CatTools install.  If you currently hold a valid CatTools license (without expired software maintenance), then please raise a support ticket for this issue and include all the information above so we can look into this further for you.  You may also want to mention when you raise the support ticket that you've already spoken to the Kiwi CatTools dev team on thwack.

Regards,

Steve