This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

80 character limit ?

Cattools 3.6.0

I created a device.cli.sendcommands job.  The command i send to the device is about 75 characters.

However, somehow a newline is inserted at the 80th "terminal" position, whicht is at the 66th position in the string i send to the device since the device prompt is about 13 characters.

The string is chopped up, so to say.  If i type or paste the string manually directly into the device it simply rolls to the nest line and it works as it should.

Is this bug or a feature?  Any workaround available?

Device = Motorola WS5100 wireless controller

• So are you getting an error or something occurring in CatTools when sending this command then?

Is it a 'Did not receive echo of [command]' error per chance?

Regards,

Steve

• Hi Steve,

Thanks for your quick reply.

This is what i get in my emailed error report

2012-11-27 18:30:13 devicename001 Did not receive echo of copy system:/running-config ftp://ftpuser0:passwrd@172.27.57.202/devicename001 command

2012-11-27 18:30:13 devicename001 Aborting command entry due to error

(in my command script there is a %ctDeviceName instead of the string devicename01, what you see here is the expanded string)

In the captured data folder we see:

copy system:/running-config ftp://ftpuser0:ftppasswrd@172.27.57.20

2/devicename001

Note that the line is chopped up in the .202 ip address octet

• I created a support ticket for this issue.  In the mean time i will try to reduce the length of the string that is sent to the device.

• This turned out to be an issue on the ws5100 device.  In the telnet character echo the device itself returned a <cr><cr><lf> on the 80th position, making the cattools engine mismatching the send string and the echoed string.

There was a "terminal width" cli command that defines this point, so i included "terminal width 120" as command before the actual command.