cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

What we are working on post IPAM 3.1

It's been a while when we released IPAM 3.1. For those who are interested in, this is the content we are currently working on:

• Support for BIND DNS management and monitoring
    • create, edit, delete DNS zones and DNS records for BIND v 8.x and 9.x
    • define BIND DNS zone transfers
    • monitor BIND DNS service availability
    • monitor BIND DNS zones status
  • IP Address conflict detection in both static and DHCP environments.
  • Integration of IPAM with our UDT product via subviews. ("Phase 1" integration with UDT - columns on "Manage subnets & IP Addresses" is something you may see in IPAM 3.1.1 service release)
  • Working on adding more DHCP options (6, 15, 42 82, 66, 67)
  • bug fixes and other smaller improvements

PLEASE NOTE:

Comments given in this forum should not be interpreted as a commitment that SolarWinds will deliver any specific feature in any particular time frame. All discussions of future plans or product roadmaps are base on the product teams intentions, but those plans can change at any time!

Tags (1)
30 Replies

would you be ok with an alert in case of IP address conflict (including details about MAC addresses and subnets) or would you require additional IP status - "unavailable"?

0 Kudos

Hi Michal, I guess a status or comment against the IP address that states a conflict would be the ideal for me. 

0 Kudos

ok, thanks!

0 Kudos
Level 14

Still holding out for Juniper DHCP support!  Would really love to be able to monitor our small branch SRX devices that hand out addresses to clients.

+1

We have JUNOS DHCP on over 150 SRX firewalls. 

0 Kudos

+1. We have DHCP on over 315 SRX (210 & 220) series firewall.

0 Kudos

+1

0 Kudos
Level 14

Great! We have UDT, Microsoft DHCP & DNS, Cisco DHCP and BIND DNS in our environment. IPAM will become the king of management IP addresses.

we're glad to hear that Mustafa - would be cool if you can try beta when available

0 Kudos
Level 13

The Bind support is going to be a huge help for many of my customers.  Nice work,

Sohail Bhamani

Loop1 Systems

http://www.loop1systems.com

0 Kudos