cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Subnet scan dumps System Names

Jump to solution

I succesfully imported a spreadsheet with one /24 subnet (worked well).  System names were visible.  A few minutes later, they were gone. 

To test, I imported another subnet, again system names populated, and again they vanished. 

I imported the second subnet again, it repopulated the system names and they remained. I had disabled automatic scanning for this second subnet. 

After kicking off a manual scan for the second subnet, the system names are missing. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 13

Andrew,

In v1.0 of IPAM, the scanning engine wants to own the sys* settings (sysName, sysDescr, etc). If we're not getting values back from the devices, they go blank. We can turn that off, but it'll turn off scanning for each individual IP.

A better way is to create a custom field (from IPAM Settings) and when doing your import, set the column name to the custom field.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 13

Andrew,

In v1.0 of IPAM, the scanning engine wants to own the sys* settings (sysName, sysDescr, etc). If we're not getting values back from the devices, they go blank. We can turn that off, but it'll turn off scanning for each individual IP.

A better way is to create a custom field (from IPAM Settings) and when doing your import, set the column name to the custom field.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Thanks Peter.

0 Kudos