This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Subnet Add Problem

I have loaded the demo of IPAM and have only been able to add subnets with the subnet allocation wizard.  When I click on add and subnet I always get this error.  Anyone have any ideas?

• Can you tell me more about your environment?  Are you on Orion 9.1 SP5?  If you click ok, what happens?

• Thanks for the quick reply. 

Yes I am on 9.1 SP5.  When I click OK the add subnet window seems to be active and accepts input however anything I do in the CIDR field seems to cause an error.  The mask and parent IP address fields are always greyed out possibly by design however the CIDR field does not change the mask so hence the error.  I am going to try a reboot of the system this morning to reinitialize everything to see if that helps.

If you look at the error message either the right side of the filename is clipped or if its really using the name shown it does not exist.  It may need a .cs afterward.

• I have similar problem, except I can't seem to get anywhere !

Thanks in advance for any assistance, hoping it's a simple issue.

Specs on the environment

NPM 2000 9.1 SP5 on a -

Server Type: VMWare ESX 3.5 Virtual Machine
    OS: Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition R2 /w Service Pack 2
    Processor: single Intel Xeon 3.16GHZ
    Memory: 4 GB

SQL -  2005 Standard Edition SP2

Server Type: VMWare ESX 3.5 Virtual Machine
    OS: Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition R2 /w Service Pack 2
    Processor: single Intel Xeon 3.16GHZ
    Memory: 4 GB

• Same is going on with our eval.  I just installed it today.  I was having a problem with adding subnets.  Same message as above. 

I finnaly figured out how to make it work.  Not a nice way but if you first just create any dummy group, then you can add subnets to any group you want.  After that you can delete the dummy.  Definitely not a "feature".  Also I have only been able to do this from the server, not my own computer.  This definitely needs to be fixed for full usage.

KCWayner

• For sure noted and will be resolved.  Couple things to try, if you cancel out and do a re-add again, do you see the same error?

Have you only seen this with IE?  Can you try Firefox and see if you see the same issue?

• Can one of you try this workaround please?

Set your browser's cache settings to check for newer pages "automatically".

Next, try the add subnet dialog. It will indicate "operation aborted". Next try, the dialog again... it should work.

Please Let me know if this gets you past this while keeping to your browser of choice.

Thanks!

• Cancelling out and retrying doesn't do anything except give the error again.  I have cleared the cache and tried, same results.  My settings are already set tof automatically check for newer files when going to a web page.  I don't have Firefox, just IE.  I will try to install Firefox and test.

KCWayner

• Same results as KCWayner.

Nothing like using the public for DEV/UAT.

;)

• Working in Firefox fore me. Not IE.....