This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Run a config job based off of mac address list

Hello all, very new to Solarwinds, just purchased 3 months ago. I work for state government, we have an agency that has their own domain but is now going to migrate to the enterprise domain. The issue with this migration, we run 802.1x on all of our switches and all ports start out in a black hole vlan. We have been tasked to force authorize the port and hard set the access vlan, the issue is we have over 300 switches to do this on. The agency is going to give us a list of Macs and vlan so I was hoping to use solarwinds to run config jobs based on a list of Macs to change the ports access vlan, is this doable? We have npm, ncm, and user tracker. Not sure the version but would assume the latest.

• You need to add the device into Solarwinds first before NCM can access it. Once NCM can access it, you can script changes.

• The devices are managed by NCM, I need help with the scripting part. I'm not sure how I can select switchports based off of a list of MAC's. We have the need to put ports into different vlans so my thought was to run a script per vlan using a list of MAC's; is that possible? If so any help would be appreciated as to how to configure the script. I will take links that show parts of what I need. Thanks!