This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Re-size of Columns in Manage Subnets & IP Addresses??

Hello all,

I'm starting an evaluation of IPAM and I've come across annoying issue that should be addressed by Solarwinds. I'm unable to re-size the columns in the Left window on the manage Subnets & IP Addresses.  see below:

We need the capability to see clearly mulitple  layers as we'll be managing over 12K IPs in our environment.. Is there a work around to resize these columns?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to mark_wiggans

I gave it a try using a local Admin account and it throws the following error.   I'm assuming SWIS is the "SolarWinds Orion Information Service v1" service which is Running.   Any ideas what is the problem?

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ApplicationException: No SWIS proxy layer available.
       at SolarWinds.IPAM.Client.SwisProxy.IpamInformationServiceProxyFactory.GetIpamInformationServiceProxy(String address, Int32 port, String username, String password)
       at SolarWinds.IPAM.Client.IpamClientProxy.get_SwisProxy()
       at SolarWinds.IPAM.Client.IPAMEntitySetting.InternalGetGlobals()
       at SolarWinds.IPAM.Client.IPAMEntitySetting.GetGlobal(SettingCategory category, String name)
       at SolarWinds.IPAM.InternalSettings.FrmMain.LoadSettings()
       at SolarWinds.IPAM.InternalSettings.FrmMain.RefreshSettings()
       at SolarWinds.IPAM.InternalSettings.FrmMain.btnRefresh_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

• same issue here. I am doing an evaluation and the columns are cutting off my subnets and descriptions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

• We are working on a fix for the column width. For existing customer, please contact me directly offline and I can talk about giving you a Release Candidate where this is fixed. Unfortunately, I cannot provide this to evaluation customers.

Mav

• I had the same issue and I ended up modifying the 'C:\Inetpub\SolarWinds\Orion\IPAM\Subnets.aspx' file with the following values:

<Columns>
                  <IPAMlayout:TreeColumn width="250" title="Display Name" DataIndex="text" runat="server" />
                  <IPAMlayout:TreeColumn width="200" title="Description" DataIndex="Comments" runat="server" />
                </Columns>