cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kenosmith3
Level 9

Re-size of Columns in Manage Subnets & IP Addresses??

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I'm starting an evaluation of IPAM and I've come across annoying issue that should be addressed by Solarwinds. I'm unable to re-size the columns in the Left window on the manage Subnets & IP Addresses.  see below:

We need the capability to see clearly mulitple  layers as we'll be managing over 12K IPs in our environment.. Is there a work around to resize these columns?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mark_wiggans
Level 17

Re: Re-size of Columns in Manage Subnets & IP Addresses??

Jump to solution

Give this tool a try.

0 Kudos
rgward
Level 14

Jump to solution

I gave it a try using a local Admin account and it throws the following error.   I'm assuming SWIS is the "SolarWinds Orion Information Service v1" service which is Running.   Any ideas what is the problem?

************** Exception Text **************
System.ApplicationException: No SWIS proxy layer available.
   at SolarWinds.IPAM.Client.SwisProxy.IpamInformationServiceProxyFactory.GetIpamInformationServiceProxy(String address, Int32 port, String username, String password)
   at SolarWinds.IPAM.Client.IpamClientProxy.get_SwisProxy()
   at SolarWinds.IPAM.Client.IPAMEntitySetting.InternalGetGlobals()
   at SolarWinds.IPAM.Client.IPAMEntitySetting.GetGlobal(SettingCategory category, String name)
   at SolarWinds.IPAM.InternalSettings.FrmMain.LoadSettings()
   at SolarWinds.IPAM.InternalSettings.FrmMain.RefreshSettings()
   at SolarWinds.IPAM.InternalSettings.FrmMain.btnRefresh_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

0 Kudos
msab
Level 7

Jump to solution

same issue here. I am doing an evaluation and the columns are cutting off my subnets and descriptions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

0 Kudos
mavturner
Level 15

Jump to solution

We are working on a fix for the column width. For existing customer, please contact me directly offline and I can talk about giving you a Release Candidate where this is fixed. Unfortunately, I cannot provide this to evaluation customers.

Mav

0 Kudos
bleearg13
Level 14

Jump to solution

I had the same issue and I ended up modifying the 'C:\Inetpub\SolarWinds\Orion\IPAM\Subnets.aspx' file with the following values:

<Columns>
              <IPAMlayout:TreeColumn width="250" title="Display Name" DataIndex="text" runat="server" />
              <IPAMlayout:TreeColumn width="200" title="Description" DataIndex="Comments" runat="server" />
            </Columns>

0 Kudos