This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Moving subnets between groups

The only way I have been able to move a subnet from 1 group to another is by drag and drop.  The problem I am having is when the number of subnets under group 1 take up the entire screen.  There is no way to drag a subnet from group 1 to group 2 as group 2 is no longer visible.  Is there another way to do this that I am missing?  Would like to see a copy/paste function next to the edit/delete.

• There is no way to drag a subnet from group 1 to group 2 as group 2 is no longer visible.

Hi kbrookob, I just added an entry in our work item / defect tracking system (998). I've put in a suggested implementation for auto-scrolling. For now, let's get that group smaller.

While dragging, use the mouse wheel. It's a bit of phelangies gymnastics, but it'll work.

Alternatively, you can create a group or subnet just below the list you're making smaller and drag them down (should be visible on the page).

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Peter.Cooper

While dragging, use the mouse wheel. It's a bit of phelangies gymnastics, but it'll work.

Peter,

I can't get phelangies gymnastics to work when the destination group/supernet is not visable.  Also, is there a way to select multiple subnets and drag them to the destination group/supernet whether visable or not?

• rgward,

Currently drag and drop is one at a time.

What browser are you using?

• FormerMember

What browser are you using?

It shouldn't matter.   We are using IE7.

btw, drag and drop one at a time...what a pain!  Will this be fixed in next release?  Is the next release coming soon?  1.0.1 has been out for awhile.  We're anxious for new improvements to IPAM.

• The use of mousewheel while dragging is a workaround, and not how we expect people to use the software. One of the things we are working on is for the tree area to automatically scroll based on your mouse cursor.

It would appear that this workaround does not function on IE7 nor IE8. Can you use an alternative browser (such as FireFox) to perform the suggested workaround?

If not, open a ticket with our technical support and ask your support rep to include me in your case.

Also, thanks for the feedback regarding multiple selection & drag and drop. To clarify the feature request, how often would you expect to use multiple selection + drag & drop (once per day/week/month) ?

Peter.

• FormerMember

One of the things we are working on is for the tree area to automatically scroll based on your mouse cursor.

This ability would be great Peter!

In lieu of the mousewheel workaround, we found the the Page Up / Page Down keys work with IE7 while dragging.

how often would you expect to use multiple selection + drag & drop (once per day/week/month) ?

I have not had to use it much but I just had to break down a few Class C networks into /29, /30 and ran into this "150 limit" problem.  I thought this would be an easy task to do and be able to move on to more pressing issues.  No such luck!