cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Lost static IP address imports/edits in IPAM

Jump to solution

These have disappeared on me a couple of times now.  These are addresses that are either imported from a spreadsheet or simply edited from the IPAM interface.  We have subnets out there that are not pingable, so it is VERY important that we don't lose static IP Address mappings.

One theory we have is that subnet scanning is clearing the static entries after not being able to ping the IP addresses.  We mark the IP address as USED, and I'm overly certain I have disabled subnet scanning on some of these subnets but it is enabled now, so can't prove that...

We've also patched NPM/IPAM multiple times over the past several weeks.  Maybe the patches are doing this?

Is this a known issues?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Product Manager
Product Manager

Are you just marking them used in the UI or are you also changing the IP value to Static-User Managed?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

Are you just marking them used in the UI or are you also changing the IP value to Static-User Managed?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

That's it, we are not.  Is there a way to do that with an Import, or do you need to go back through and update each IP address after importing?

0 Kudos

Nevermind, I got it Status/Type in the CSV.

Thanks for the fast response!

0 Kudos