cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Is it possible to edit the polling engine of multiple subnets?

Jump to solution

So, after installing the latest IPAM version with HF 3, I came to decision to move subnets to their appropriate APE. I was able to edit the polling engine configuration per subnet, where the option to change APE appears under Automatic Scanning.

The problem is when I select multiple subnets where I no longer find the option to change APE under Automatic Scanning.

Is there anyone here who experience the same? and if so, were you able to find any work around?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Since the new version came out I have been editing the engineid of the subnets within SQL with success.

- Marc Netterfield, Github

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 8

You should be able to change the EngineID/Polling Engine by bulk on the console on the newest version.

Subnets.JPG

0 Kudos

Since the new version came out I have been editing the engineid of the subnets within SQL with success.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Thanks. I was thinking this should be my last option, but given that you dove right into this suggestion tells me that there could be no other way but through SQL.

Really appreciate the suggestion.

0 Kudos

Yeah I feel like the new Ipam features did not get the ux treatment they deserved.  I find that clients who make use of Ipam REALLY use it and end up with hundreds of subnets easily so making sure the screens allow for bulk operations is pretty important.

0 Kudos