cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

InfoBlox > IPAM Username

When I add my DHCP Server to IPAM I wanted to use a "Read-Only" username to make sure nothing got change on my InfoBlox since it provides production DHCP.... but it's not working I get...

Test Failed
Credential test failed to properly execute

... does it need to be an Admin user? Kinda nervous of adding an admin and never used this product before

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Level 8

My Orion service account is in the active directory group App_InfoBlox_RO.  Using the below InfoBlox permissions I'm able to bring in all the scopes, but still missing lease information.  Will update when I get that working.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

That's the confusing part I did an RO Local account and I select IB Credentials and it fails... but when I go to my IB Server try the same credentials I'm able to log in..

Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 6.39.28 PM.png

And troubleshooting steps just takes me to the general Success Center no relevant data on the link.. not so helpfull..

0 Kudos

Did you grant the account API access?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

Well thats intresting i dont see that API option when i go to the users settings.. not even with the admin user..

0 Kudos

I believe you need to create a group, grant API permissions to the group, then add your local user.

0 Kudos

Yeap that was correct but once i made a new group with API access and using IB Local Credentials still getting..

Credential test failed to properly execute, any other ideas?

0 Kudos

We only use active directory accounts to access InfoBlox.  We're running NIOS 8.3.0-371835 and IPAM 4.8.1 if that helps.

0 Kudos