Our IPAM quit scanning again. It seems to happen during our windows updates, and I'm guessing all the reboots and such confuse the hell out of it.
Is there a way to put IPAM in a maintenance mode to pause scanning during updates.
Wondering if the Solarwinds Servers should be set to manually reboot from updates? Then once all other servers have been updated and rebooted. Then reboot Solarwinds servers.
Curious if that is the same situation others are seeing.
Orion Platform 2015.1.3, IVIM 2.1.1, DPA 10.0.1, NPM 11.5.3, QoE 2.0, IPAM 4.3.1, Storage 5.1.0, SAM 6.2.3
Having the same issue. This is what I got from Support thus far, but have not been able to get a resolution to the problem. Going through again to see if I missed anything.
Go to DNS and DHCP management. Then edit every DHCP and DNS server one by one and test the credential.
Check if the results would not give “test successful”. If there would be any results other than success.
Right down the servers as you might need to remove it from IPAM.
To Replace The JobEngine:
1. Stop all SW services using the Orion Service Manager located at Start, All Programs, SolarwindsOrion, Advanced Features.
2. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\JobEngine\Data\JobEngine35.sdf file and rename it to JobEngine35_OLD.sdf
* For Windows 2008 – thePath is C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\JobEngine.v2\Data
3. Then create a copy the“JobEngine35.sdf – blank” to the same path and name it JobEngine35.sdf.
4. This way you have the old one to revert back to and you always have a blank copy in case issue reoccurs.
5. Right click on properties of the JobEngine35.sdf you have created and uncheck the read only box and click ok.
6. Restart all Orion Services and monitor if it scans your subnets. Please follow the sequence of steps listed below while logged in to the Orion server using a local Administrator account, and not any domain account.
- All Programs
- SolarWinds Orion
- Documentation andSupport-
- Orion Diagnostics
- Press Start
2. This will create azip file of the results - it will contains logs, events, and some informationregarding the database etc.
3. If the file issmaller than 5MB please attach it in the reply to this email.
4. Upload the filebelow.
SolarWinds solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base in the THWACK® online community. More than 150,000 members are here to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly contribute to our product development process. Learn more today by joining now.