This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IPAM discovery

I am try to do a subnet discovery scan but it appear the discovery uses the default polling engine. The networks I'm trying to discover are behind a firewall as well as the polling engine i want to use is behind that firewall. How do i set the subnet discovery to use that polling engine?

• I think I getting what you are asking, but we will see. I started by going to "Manage Subnets and IP Addresses", and from the "Network View" tab selected a network and hit edit.

When there is no associated scope it looks like you can set it to the polling engine that you want.

pastedImage_1.png

When you edit a subnet in IPAM that has a DHCP Scope you are scanning/discovering the polling engine is set to the one that matches the DHCP server for that scope.

pastedImage_0.png

If that doesn't help, shoot me a screenshot or something to point me in the right direction.

• Yes that is after a network is discovered and already in the ip database, im looking to change for the initial discover

pastedImage_0.png

• A few versions back IPAM didn't have the concept of using anything beside the main poller for anything, so I expect this screen and feature must have slipped past their test cases when they added that feature in.  Pretty sure it will have to be treated as a feature request for the time being.