This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IPAM discovering duplicates

I have just installed the latest version of IPAM.  I added my two DHCP servers and it discovered all the scopes just fine.  The only problem is that under the 'manage subnet' tab there are several duplicate subnets.  How can I ensure that this does not happen?

• I had the exact same problem.  They said it was due to running two scans concurrently.  Anyway, they said you can't delete the duplicate from the GUI. You must do a delete from SQL.

• Hello,

the issue with duplicate scopes has been recorded as a bug. Even if you delete them, they will be recreated when DHCP server is scanned next time if you have your DHCP server set to 'Automatically Add New Scopes'

There are 2 ways how to deal with this:

1st (workaround):

- Edit your DHCP server and uncheck 'Automatically Add New Scopes'

- Delete duplicates in IPAM web console

Then scopes won't be recreated, but if new scopes are added on MS DHCP server, you will have to manually add them from orphaned scopes page.

2nd solution:

- Open a support ticket and reference this thread. We will assist you with deleting duplicates in SQL.

• This makes no sense.

- I have unchecked the "automatically adding of new scopes and subnets"

- I then went into the "Managed Subnets and IP Address" tab and deleted my duplicate subnets.

- It then deleted all my scopes.

So now I don't have any scopes under the "DHCP Scope Monitoring" tab.  Now I am not monitoring any scopes.  I want the scopes but not the duplicate / triplicate subnets.

• OMG.

Not only did it delete the subnets that were duplicate, it also deleted my manually created subnets that were under a different group. All my static addressing and manually added information is now gone.  This is 2 weeks of lost time adding the statics and importing this from spreadsheets.  Not to mention the additional reservations that have been made in the spreadsheet.

• cholyk--

Did you get this resolved? If not, open a support ticket.

M

• Hi ,

new to IPAM and currently running an eval license but I'm curious to know if this issue has been resolved . I have the same setup two dhcp servers , 10 dhcp scop shared between them for redundancy . When I do a dhcp server discovery I get a full subnet discovery for 20 subnets not just the scopes on each of the servers which distorts my total managed IP addresses. If I disable the "Automatically add new scopes and subnets " I lose the ability to manage the DHCP servers .

Thanks

Ger

• gbarret,

This is definitely a scenario we'd like to manage more gracefully in a future release.  Until we can address this, have you checked out Microsoft's recommended failover configuration? 

HTH,
    Craig