cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmherring
Level 7

IPAM - What IOS versions are supported

I was wondering if there is a list of support IOS versions for pulling DHCP from Cisco devices.

I have two Cisco 4500 series switches one running version 12.2(53)SG3 that works and another 12.2(31)SGA10 that doesn't

I have also successfully pulled 3550 and 3750 switches, but my 6500s don't work either.

The error I get seems to be related to the existence of the show ip dhcp pool command.

Please don't tell me that you guys designed this around the existence of a command that was only just introduced.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mavturner
Level 15

Re: IPAM - What IOS versions are supported

gmherring,

You are correct in saying we use the 'show ip dhcp pool' command to find information regarding the DHCP pools. This was introduced in 12.2(8)T.

For the devices having a problem, please try to run this command directly and see what response you get. Are those other devices running DHCP?

Mav

0 Kudos
jawill8301
Level 9

Mav,

I have just upgraded IOS code on some 3550's we have that run DHCP servers.

Cisco IOS Software, C3550 Software (C3550-IPBASEK9-M), Version 12.2(44)SE6, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

I still recieve this error:

Command Failed
Dhcp Server scanning failed with errorSmiley Tongueools data processing with error 'Invalid input detected' at command 'show ip dhcp pool'

Any help is appreciated.
0 Kudos
jawill8301
Level 9

As a followup I did try the command "sh ip dhcp pool".  That command is not available.  Only the ones listed below.

sh ip dhcp ?

binding   DHCP address bindings
 conflict  DHCP address conflicts
 database  DHCP database agents
 import    Show Imported Parameters
 relay     Miscellaneous DHCP relay information
 server    Miscellaneous DHCP server information
 snooping  DHCP snooping

0 Kudos
mavturner
Level 15

I assume you have seen this document. Unfortunately, if those commands do not work, then IPAM will not work.

If you can't run the commands, then there is likely a bug in that IOS version. The best way to resolve this is to open a TAC case or upgrade to a newer version of IOS.

This site says that the command was introduced in 12.2(8) T.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful here. Anyone else?

0 Kudos
jawill8301
Level 9

Hi Mav,

Yes, I did see the articles you mentioned.  I just didn't know if there was another way to poll that information.  I can see the DHCP server information in the running-config.  Just the "show ip dhcp pool" command is not available on the 3550 and 3750 switches.

0 Kudos
rulob
Level 9

Hello,

We are having the same problem, but we have CISCO Switches 3560. So you should add them to the list of non-compatible Switches.  Unfortunately IPAM will be a no go for us since most of our switches are 3560.

Regards

Raul

0 Kudos