This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IPAM Subnet scanning - Status change issue

Hi all,

fairly new to Solarwinds and this Community so please excuse if this has already been discussed or if i am doing something wrong in the application itself.

I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced issues where IPAMs Subnet scans don't change the Status of (what seems like) random IPs?

I have a few examples where IP's are used but don't respond to changes in terms of their status.

EDIT: I have a subnet where one IP changed the status and another one didn't. Same settings for both...

They have been flagged as Reserved, are used in the meanwhile however don't change their status. Scanning is set to "ON" for the Subnet/IP and the device responds to ICMP from the main Solarwinds Server...as proof SmartLog Firewall logs have been checked and communication between IPs are allowed.

This investigation started after IPs had been flagged available (device stopped responding to ICMP due to security patches) and were then reused more than half a year later, obviously causing issues. (don't get me wrong - i know Solarwinds is doing what it should in this instance).

This incident lead to me looking into this more and adjusting our internal processes when reserving addresses. I did various tests with the Support to replicate and understand this issue but we haven't come up with a solution - more than a month now unfortunately.

Has anyone made similar observations in terms of IPAMs behavior?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

D.