cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

IPAM - Planning IP scopes

Jump to solution

Hi

One of the benefits of having a IPAM system, would obviously also be to be able plan the use of a given super net / area. I realy miss that in SW IPAM.

Basicly i´d like to see a graphical interface showing the areas with in a segment which is used / unused / and reserved. The chart view is fine, for showing utilization within a supernet, but is not of much value when planning the use of the supernet.

Used should obviously be grabbed from the IPAM module subnets created, while reserved simply could be a "manual reservation" that a given range not yet is documented / implemented in IPAM

I suggest that IPAM would include a subnet planning tool (in a tab) like seen in other applications - See screenshot below: (Selection could be for any CIDR..)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Product Manager
Product Manager

Got it logged in the system

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

Good feedback, I will log that into the system.  Do you envision this being more a read-only type UI element/report or something you could interact with?

0 Kudos

I´d love to be able to select one field at the time enlarging my selection, and based on the subnet size i select, create that subnet in IPAM. So if i in my view (based on a supernet selection) choose a given amount of "boxes" i can choose to create x amount of /20 networks, xx amount of /24 nets or xxx amount of /27 etc

That would be cool.

Same goes for within the subnet, the ability to assign specific IP adresses based on availible space. - Grab the UI see the free space , click and select reserve / used etc.

Note - If  (and in my case, when) changing a parameter that is identical for each element, it should be possible to change this value for all selected elements .

I know this has been mentioned elsewhere also.... But it´s urgent.. So i wanted to raise my voice again 🙂

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a great idea Jesper!!!!!

Brandon,  book this one as a most desired feature request.

0 Kudos

+12

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

Got it logged in the system

View solution in original post

0 Kudos