This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IPAM MAC Address Shows Unknown Vendor

I have been noticing an increasing number of MAC addresses showing the vendor as 'Unknown'.  Especially as we continue to swap out legacy hardware with more current hardware. 

I have verified that the MAC prefixes are registered by doing a MAC prefix lookup.  Then I try to look the MAC prefix up in the Orion database using the following query....

SELECT TOP 1000 * FROM [dbo].[MacPrefixes]

where MacPrefix LIKE '609c9f%'

The query will return no results indicating that the MAC prefix doesn't exist in the Orion database.  For me this isn't a big issue as long as I can add the MAC prefix to the database with an SQL statement like the ones below  or even using edit mode in database manager and inserting the new MAC prefix there . However, if I can't edit the database then this is a big deal.  I have many customers who don't like seeing  'Unknown' for vendor.  And only having the ability to update this table when doing an Orion update is unrealistic especially when you have 14 polling engines as we do in our environment.   

INSERT INTO table_name (MacPrefix, Organization, Vendor, ...)

VALUES (value1, value2, value3, ...);

INSERT INTO table_name

VALUES (value1, value2, value3, ...);

Has anyone tried updating their MAC Prefix table?  Is there any way to do this?