This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IPAM 4.7 install after platform upgrade

Last week we successfully upgraded our Orion environment (NPM,SAM,NTA,IPAM). I had issues with the upgrade previously and was told in the NPM forum that IPAM can cause upgrade issues. I uninstalled IAPM before the platform upgrade and everything went pretty smoothly. I now need to go back and re-install IPAM. Previous version was 4.3.2 and I want to install 4.7. I assume I choose IPAM as an additional product in the installer, and that it will install 4.7 as a new product, and that my previous versions data will be intact afterwards? And, I assume I'll need to run the installer on the additional polling engine as well? Any advice?

• Hi, equator you heard right there can be some issues with IPAM upgrades whereby the old version doesn't get properly uninstalled during an upgrade. I would first make sure you don't have any existing versions of IPAM installed. Then you run the SolarWinds Installer that you used to upgrade (To ensure you get the same versions), and it will auto-detect products installed and perform a version match. As all your installed products are at the latest release (for that installer), you will see a part called "Additional Products" and you select that and tick the IPAM Module. That will install IPAM4.7 and update your database accordingly.