Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

IP Request Form and Alerts

Jump to solution

Anyone using this feature?

When someone has made a request and the alert comes what's the correct process of getting that alert to go away again?

How do you cancel a request?

When opening the trigger request you have no actions available, only possible to view the details as seen here:

2018-11-27_13-42-40.png

Changing the IP in question to reserved in the subnet doesnt seem to do anything either?

Is the Request feature just broken or? Anyway to disable it completely if that's the case?

Running 4.7 of the IPAM module.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 12

This pesky persistent alert was an issue that is corrected in the upcoming IPAM 4.8 release. Sorry for the inconvenience it has caused!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Level 12

This pesky persistent alert was an issue that is corrected in the upcoming IPAM 4.8 release. Sorry for the inconvenience it has caused!

View solution in original post

Sounds good, other improvements comming to that feature?

Eg. selecting specific available IP's, and the option to do reservations directly from the trigger object perhaps?

Level 13

as of right now you'd have to set it to manual reset

0 Kudos

That does not work?, it will still trigger again as soon as you have cleared the alert.

Any way of completely disabling this feature as it's clearly broken in the current state?

I like the idea of it, but currently it doesnt seem very usefull or production ready.

0 Kudos

I was fighting with it for few days, in the end I have just disabled the alert and gave up.

0 Kudos

Yeah, im starting to arrive at the same conclusion.

It would be neat if the request feature was given some love, eg selecting specific available IP addresses in a scope and a proper flow for admin for doing reservations fully in IPAM, DHCP and DNS for instance.

However, untill we have some more options in this regard I would rather remove the option to use this entirely as it only adds confusion, think i'll try to remove it from the menus etc.

0 Kudos

I set the alert reset condition to No reset action - Manually remove the alert from the active alerts list. When I clear the alert instance a minute later it pops back up in alerts. Is there a way to clear it and it stay gone?

0 Kudos