This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Exporting IPAM excel sheets

Is it possible to schedule a process in solarwinds to export all the IPAM subnet excel sheets on weekly/monthly basis.

• Hi,

not directly in the IPAM itself. but you can certainly use our API/SDK and schedule the Windows Schedueld task to do that. Here is a post I wrote about using IPAM API and how to get FreeIP address, it could be modified to export all IP addresses and subnets into spreadsheet: How to use the IPAM API and get "Free IP Address"

• I would like this feature as well.

Plus, I would like it to export everything that import can import. That way we can update many settings much more easily than with the Web page.

=foon=

• hi foonly,

can you quickly summarize operations which are painful to do via web (you referring to update operations - I assume "bulk" ones). thanks for sharing.

• Currently, export does not export all the same fields as import. It should.

It also does not export everything that is displayed.

Note that, since there are 2 kinds of Import and Display, there should probably 2 kinds of Export (lists of addresses and lists of subnets).

I would be happiest if export would export everything that import imports, plus all other displayed fields. This would allow easier auditing against other databases used by many customers, such as asset tracking, helpdesk, security appliances, etc. In general, we need more consistent naming - or maybe a guide for mapping field names - for display, export, and import. As you can see below, it's hard sometimes to figure out what corresponds with what.

Finally, there should be a choice between exporting in individual subnet files, and all 1 file.

Export

Import

Displayed

Address

Address

Address (IPv6)

Alias

Alias

Alias

CIDR

Comments

Comments

Comments

Contact

Contact

System Contact

Custom_1

Description

DHCP Client Name

DHCP Client Name

DHCP Reservation

Display Name

DNS Records

Dual Stack IPv6 Address

Dual Stack IPv6 Address

Hostname

Hostname

Hostname

IP Address

IP Address

Last Boot Time

Last Boot Time

Last Response

Last Synchronization

Last Synchronization

Lease Expiration

Lease Expiration

Lease Expiration

Lease Remaining

MAC Address

MAC Address

MAC

Machine Type

Machine Type

Machine Type

Subnet Mask

Mask

Response Time

Response Time

Response Time

Scope Name

Skip Scan

Skip Scan

Skip Scan

Status

Status

Status

Subnet Address

Subnet CIDR

System Description

Subnet Display Name

System Location

System Location

System Location

System Name

System Name

System Name

System Object ID

System Object ID

Type

Type

Type

URLField

Vendor

Vendor

Vendor

=Seymour=

• I agree.  This is a frustrating task when you want to export multiple subnets from one SW server IPAM and import it to another.  I find myself having to go through each subnet and add in things like Subnet Address/CIDR, Group Description, VLAN and Location to the CSVs before importing them.