This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Disable Transient Period

Every time IPAM makes an scan of a subnet if a IP in a used status does not respond, automatically change its status to transient  and if this continue until the transient period we set at the Subnet Scan Settings,  the ip change its status to available.

Is there a way to disable the transient period?

• You can't disable the transient period, but you can specify the duration anywhere between .2 and 340 days.

HTH,

Craig

• I know i can set the duration of the transient period between this range. but i need to disable it.

If there is no way to do this, Can i configure an alert that send me a mail when the transient period of an specific IP is near the transient limit? or to send me a mail when IP changes its status from transient to available at the end of the period?

Thanks

• Unfortunately, we don't have a good workaround for you here.  I've logged your alert question as a feature request.

-Craig

• I too would like to suggest this as a feature request.  We have just purchased IPAM but find the transient period limiting us.  Right now we use the address manager in Engineers Toolset and it does not mark any addresses after any given period of time.  We have several subnets that reside in our DMZ or externally that are not reachable via our internal network.  We keep those in the database to keep track of them even though we know they cannot be scanned.  Marking them available after a given period of time kind of defeats the purpose of putting some subnets in the database to manage them.

Thanks,

Scott Saluga

• yes, we would also like to set the transient period to stick forever...

How can I set it to 340days?

• yes, we would also like to set the transient period to stick forever...

How can I set it to 340days?

Under IPAM settings / Subnet Scan Settings you can set the Transient Period.

• thanks =)

dunno why i never came across it :P

• Hi Scott,

since you can't scan those subnets (not reachable) than there is no point to scan them.
    By checking Disable 'Automatic Scanning' in subnet properties particular subnet would not be scanned at all. Switching from transient to available is done only when processing scan result. Subnet with disabled 'Automatic Scanning' keep its values unless it is manually changed by editing or importing.

• By checking Disable 'Automatic Scanning' in subnet properties particular subnet would not be scanned at all. Switching from trasient to available is done only when processing scan result. Subnet with disabled 'Automatic Scanning' keep its values unless it is manually changed by editing or importing.

But if disable the 'Automatic Scanning' then my subnets wont be updated and thats the hole point of it, right?  

• It was replay to Scott post, he mentioned that some of his subnets are unreachable (so they can't be scanned anyway) and he did not like that its IPs went into transient and available eventually.