cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

DHCP Scans don't work anymore

Anyone else seeing an issue with DHCP server scans not working anymore in 4.7? I hit scan on the DHCP server and it'll just stay stuck at 50% indefinitely and never finish. Credentials test ok. I've had a case open for a while, but support is pretty bad.

15 Replies
Level 8

Hello, I have encountered this problem today, after I change the password for the account used to scan DHCP servers. I have 4.7.0 IPAM and I did not have to install HF2, just simply changed DHCP server nodes from additional to main polling engine.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Has there been any update on this issue? I'm having the same issue.

0 Kudos

Support sent me something they call a "buddy drop" that replaced some DLLs and it seems to have partially fixed my issue. I can scan DHCP servers from my main poller now, but my additional poller is now saying the credential test failed to execute.

0 Kudos

A buddy drop is a customer specific patch to help validate a fix for a specific problem. The team is getting closer to providing a HF for your DHCP scanning issues. Thank you all for your patience!

0 Kudos

Nevermind!  I see that HF2 has been released.

Is the HF out yet?  I'm having the same exact issue.

0 Kudos

I heard back from support toward the end of the day yesterday.  I was told that there's no precise date yet for the hotfix but it's going to be released soon.

Level 11

No updates from support for a week now.

0 Kudos

HBrandNSB​, I just checked your case again and engineering is working on a HF for this issue.

Level 8

I have the exact same problem. I had to remove the DHCP servers to correct an issue and when I try to add one back, the initial scan shoots immediately to 50% and never moves beyond that point.  We’re on the latest version as well.

0 Kudos

calmkza​, can you provide me your case number as well?

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.  My case number is 00167258.

0 Kudos

I just noticed the case was recently created and sitting with support. They will likely ask you to provide diagnostics soon. I will let them know that it might be a related case to save some time.

0 Kudos
Level 12

Can you provide me your case number so I can review? This could be consistent with something we're actively fixing.

0 Kudos

00152237 is the case. Have had no DHCP functionality now for a month, so IPAM is basically useless to me right now. Would appreciate any help.

0 Kudos