cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wallander
Level 8

Can we move only the IPAM to a separate database ?

Hi,

We have IPAM running as a module within the NPM.

IPAM is failing with SQL errors. Is it possible to re-configure the IPAM to access a different brand new database ?

Currently, the IPAM info tables are within the NPM database.

Best Regards,

A

0 Kudos
20 Replies
mharvey
Level 17

Re: Can we move only the IPAM to a separate database ?

You'd have to break out IPAM I believe onto it's own server.  There wouldn't be a way to configure it to another SQL server while still installed on the NPM server. 

0 Kudos
wallander
Level 8

Hi,

Can't I uninstall it and install it on the same server and point it to a new database. I don't mind redoing the whole IPAM setup again.

Regards,

Athreya

0 Kudos
wallander
Level 8

Also, if I install it on a different server, can I make it the link available from the NPM admin page ?

Thanks and Regards,

0 Kudos
mharvey
Level 17

No on both.  If you uinstall and reinstall it on the same server, it's going to simply add as a module.  If you try on a separate server, it will be it's own app separate from the SolarWinds website.  There's no way to integrate it without having it installed as a module using the same database.

0 Kudos
wallander
Level 8

The IPAM 4.2  is failing to after 67%, with the error,

Command Failed
An unexpected error has occurred when processing DHCP scopes results for server '1703'

Solarwinds support is pointing it Storage latency. the Database is on SSD and so far no issues we have seen

So, I thought it will be possible to move to another Database.

Any other ideas I can have ?

Regards,

0 Kudos
wallander
Level 8

Also, it is after an upgrade, I am clueless what to do with it.

Regards,

A

0 Kudos
mharvey
Level 17

So why are they pointing to Storage latency?  Did they give you a reason, or just that it has to be storage latency?  How many scopes are on that server?  What other modules do you have installed other than IPAM?

0 Kudos
wallander
Level 8

there is nothing really pointing to the latency.

from the IPM business layer log, this was seen,

2014-10-21 05:22:35,390 [5] ERROR SolarWinds.IPAM.ScanningEngine.JobProcessor.JobProcessorBase`1 (null) - An unexpected error has occurred when processing scan results for subnetid '3409'

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

The statement has been terminated.

There only NPM 11.0.1  ,NCM 7.3.2  and IPAM 4.2.

Regards,

A

0 Kudos
wallander
Level 8

However the IPAM was working and some intermittent issues used to get reported, that used to vanish. A month ago it stopped working completely and then it was upgraded to fix. Since then it stopped working altogether.

Regards,

A

0 Kudos