cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Can I give selectivity visibility of subnets for different users

Jump to solution

Is it possible in the IPAM module to define what subnets user accounts have visibility of on an account or group basis ?

For example I would like to allow our desktop team to have visibility of ip scopes for office floor vlan's, but do not require them to have view secure web infrastructure networks.

We currently have one NPM 9.x server with versio 1.6 IPAM.  (looking at the upgrade to NPM 10).

Thankyou in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

It is now feature of IPAM 3.0

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

It is now feature of IPAM 3.0

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

This is a feature we would very much like to implement in a future release.  We get many, many requests for this.  We are definitely tracking this as a feature request.  Thanks!

-Craig

0 Kudos

I would love to see this across all the Orion Modules.  I know I can limit the view of the devices listed via IP / mask, but would love to do that everywhere.

0 Kudos
Level 15

dphowes,

Currently, you cannot delegate subnet level persmissions.

However, you can configure role based users. For example, you can give your desktop team Read-Only access so they can see all subnets but not modify anything. The available roles are: Read-Only, Operator, Power User, Administrator, and Default. You can find more detailed information in the Admin Guide:

http://www.solarwinds.com/support/IPAM/docs/OrionIPAMAdministratorGuide.pdf

Thanks,

Mav

0 Kudos