cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

High Availability Service missing

Hi

I accidentally installed the HA installer on primary server and then uninstalled it. After Uninstalling i lost the options "High availability deployment summary" and "High Availability settings" on web console. I also cannot find the HA service in "services.msc".

Is there a way to get this service back? 

Do i need to reinstall NPM or can i use any installation file in "C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Installers" that can enable this options back for me.

Please advice.

Labels (4)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

Are you able to navigate to http://yourorionserver/ui/ha/deployment/summary ?

0 Kudos
Level 11

hi @tony.johnson 

I cannot navigate to the deployment summary page. The option does not exist in the web console setting page.

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

Running the Configuration wizard should rebuild the website to its original state. https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/Run-the-Orion-Configuration-wizard

0 Kudos
Level 11

I have run the configuration wizard and also restarted my server. But still no change.

I had uninstalled the High availability application from the "program and features" in control panel and i am not able to see these options after that.

I found below 2 file in "C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Installers". Will running any of these file help ??

max348_0-1587979875141.png

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

From what you're describing it sounds like you're missing the SolarWinds Administration Service. If you're not yet running the latest hotfix I would recommend installing it. That should repair your installation. 

0 Kudos
Level 11

hi @aLTeReGo 

Administrative service is running. It is only HA service that is missing.

Right now i have only single primary server and running older version. I am trying to create HA server before upgrade. But i uninstalled "High availability" and "High Availability plugin" by mistake on primary server from the control panel. After that i do not see the option to create HA.

Is there a way i can reinstall these plugins and HA so i can see those options in web console again or can i create HA by downloading HA software from customer portal and running it on secondary server directly while HA service is still missing on primary server??

max348_0-1587993534903.png

These are the 2 application i uninstalled. i got this screenshot from my test server

max348_0-1587994411139.png

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

Assuming you're running the latest version the MSI should be named HA-2019.4.0.2653-SolarWinds.HighAvailability.Installer.msi. Again, this is something which should repair itself by applying the latest hotfix to your environment.