cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 13

HA installation problem

Jump to solution

I've got error message: "No valid package combination was found for current system" during HA installation on standby server. Any ideas how to fix it?

Tags (1)
1 Solution
Level 13

When installed Orion Platform HF3 on Standby server manuallyty then Configuration Wizard run successfully. Weired but works 🙂

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Level 13

When installed Orion Platform HF3 on Standby server manuallyty then Configuration Wizard run successfully. Weired but works 🙂

View solution in original post

Level 13

Here is screenshot I've got during Configuration Wizard run.config_wiz_problem.jpg

0 Kudos

Ok i get it now, looks like an issue with what was copied by the installer, check this thread -> Configuration Wizard error "No valid package combination was found for current system&q...

Thread talks about the repos, see if you can find something different on primary and standby repos

0 Kudos

Thanks, but thread is not exactly about the issue. There was not installer copy issue, was copied without problems and SW modules have been installed but Configuration Wizard failed.

0 Kudos

JaroslawLadyga, can you post a screenshot of the error you're seeing?

0 Kudos

Did you select both modules during installation on Standby Server ? I am assuming both servers (primary and standby) have similar hardware and software pre-reqs.

select both NPM 12.1 with HF 3 and NCM 7.6 with HF1

0 Kudos

I got no request for selecting any modules - just automatic installation. Both servers are virtual and I have remote access to them by VPN.

0 Kudos

When you run the Orion Installer on Standby Server , since you have 2 modules on you primary, select both NPM 12.1 with HF 3 and NCM 7.6 with HF1 when you are installing on the standby server.

0 Kudos

all modules have been installed on Primary with Hot Fixes and then Orion Installer got copied to Secondary and run. It copied and installed all Orion modules but config wizard failed.

0 Kudos

I am assuming this is what you did:

HA provides a downloadable installer from the primary server with a list of all products and versions. This installer ensures both servers match.

1. In the Orion Web Console, click Settings > All Settings > High Availability Deployment Summary.
  2. Click Setup a new HA server.
  3. In the dialog box, click Get started setting up a server.
  4. In the Setup a High Availability Server dialog box, click Download installer now.
  5. Move the downloaded installer to your secondary server and run it.
    Select which type of backup server you want to install under High Availability.
    Enter your SQL credentials for your Orion SQL database when prompted.
0 Kudos

I did all step you mentioned.

0 Kudos

Let me know how it goes, as well please let me know which method are you using for HA installation.

0 Kudos

I was going exactly according installation instryction. All SW files were copied and installed but config wizzard failed with mentioned error.

0 Kudos

How are you installation HA ? Are you downloading the package from you primary server (Settings -> High Availability Deployment Summary -> Set Up A New HA Server) move this package onto secondary and then run the install OR are you running the installer which is picked up from Customer Portal ?

"The issue seems to have occurred due the HA installation bits/binary that you are using on your Standby Server for installation, the package could be missing something that's required"

I found few threads with respect to this error, let me know if they are useful:

Configuration wizard error: No valid package combination was found for current system - SolarWinds W...

Configuration Wizard error "No valid package combination was found for current system"

Orion Platform 2017.1 Hotfix 1 - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

0 Kudos

I've installed HA Secondary from Orion installer copied from Primary with option HA enabled. There are NPM 12.1 with HF 3 and NCM 7.6 with HF1 installed on Primary. Do you suggest to instal Orion Platform HF3 on Secondary?

0 Kudos