This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

HA Deployement Summary Red On Additonal

Hi all,

i have installed new additional poller. the installation is completed.

but on HA deployment summary it showing red. can i know what is causing this status

pastedImage_0.png

it showing active. but the icon is red.

thanks.

• Is there a description on the right-hand side of the screen when you select the machine? Are you getting the same error for your APE and your APE HA? Do you have available HA License?

• Hi David,

My HA pools is working normally healthy.

the only issue. why is my normal APE is showing red on the page you can see below it showing "Active". but when checking on polling engine page. all is showing green. is there is anything related or need to be configured to make it green? or it related to database ?

• Hi Mistik,

The status in your HA Deployment screen is specific to the High Availability compatibility checks. The fact your Polling Engine shows Active and Green in the Polling Engine page just means the APE is working and running as a Poller. It could be that the High Availability service is stopped or not working properly, it could be that the ports required between your Primary Server and the APE for HA are not open? You need to allow port 5671/TCP.

It's hard to be 100% as your screenshot is only a fraction of the screen, can you share a screenshot of the entire page with your APE selected? As on the right-hand side of the screen, it shows some additional information such as:

Status, Last DB Update, Server Type, HA Role, Polling Completion, Elements

• The critical status means that the pool member cannot host High Availability resources, but it's still in communication with the rest of HA pool. This could mean that some services on that Polling Engine aren't running or that there is a problem with RabbitMQ on your main Orion server. Just a theory and not a definitive diagnosis.

• here the status for additional APE HA, both are okay. only the new additional poller is showing issue.

pastedImage_0.png

• Are all APEs on the same subnet?

• Also, are ALL 4 of those servers actually licensed as Additional Pollers (VCENE2ESWPOLL03, VCENE2EWPOLL04) are showing Active and look to be Active as Primary APE Servers. Are VCENE2ESWPOLL05 and VCENE2ESWPOLL06 supposed to be APE's or are they supposed to be the HA-Standby servers?

I'm just guessing here, but I suspect that the reason they are red is that they are not licensed as Active Additional Polling Engine's, and I suspect maybe you've installed the wrong thing on the standby server and set them up as APE rather than Standby Servers to protect the APE's

• Hi All,

thanks for the support.

i have done reactivate back APE.. then the issue is solved.

thaks for all the assistant.