This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Enable of HA with DNS Type-Others

I am trying to enable the HA between the main poller and standby poller. I am not sure which DNS to select, our environment has a linux based DNS. Both of these servers are hosted in Azure cloud. What would be the best way to enable HA. If i am going with DNS type- Other then Solarwinds recommends a script to be created which can help in updating the DNS record, if someone has the script, can you please help me with the same.

• If your DNS servers are Linux, then it's likely that they are running BIND. If there is a primary/replica relationship between the two servers, then you will want to ensure that HA is updating the primary. 

'Azure DNS' is a SaaS DNS service that is completely separate and likely unrelated to your Linux DNS servers.