Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

SNMP Return Address Issue

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Here's an weird problem. I have a bunch of Switches that I need to monitor. When I try to import them in, inspite of they being SNMP enabled, I can only see them as ICMP devices. Reasons for that is as follows:

1. These are Hirschmann Switches and NOT Cisco switches
  2. They do not use the same interface to send back SNMP query responses.
  3. They use the next available interface to send the SNMP query response
  4. SolarWinds is not being able to process the incoming requests and hence allocating ICMP as the device level

Is there any way I can get SolarWinds to receive the responses and be able to process them, so that my Hirschmann switches are registered as SNMP devices and not ICMP

Looking forward to any response

Regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 14

I have been going through the Hirschmann documentation that I could find and I am not seeing documentation or information pertaining to SNMP Responses separate interface from the response. Are you seeing this on a Packet Capture?

If the IP of the interface is different, then none of our software will see it as it will be considered a different device.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 14

I have been going through the Hirschmann documentation that I could find and I am not seeing documentation or information pertaining to SNMP Responses separate interface from the response. Are you seeing this on a Packet Capture?

If the IP of the interface is different, then none of our software will see it as it will be considered a different device.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos