cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Remote Bandwidth Polling

My company is interested in setting up machines at our numerous branches in order to perform polling and monitor bandwidth usage and availability in order for us to have a better idea of our utilization. Can someone recommend a SolarWinds application which can be used for such a task? Also if possible, I would like an idea of the system requirements for said polling machines.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

I would expect everything you are asking for can be done with Network Performance Monitor (NPM) and Netflow Traffic Analyzer (NTA)

Requirements vary depending on how many endpoints/branches you want to monitor but you can see the guidelines here

NTA 4.2 system requirements - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

There are 3 main pieces, your Poller, SQL DB, and Netflow DB, in a very small environment you can stack these into one server but in larger ones you would need to split them onto 3 servers.

- Marc Netterfield, Github

Those specs are for the polling machines to be placed at the branches itself?

0 Kudos

Nothing needs to be placed in the branches, you would be polling their router/firewall or whatever edge network gear via SNMP from your central location.

- Marc Netterfield, Github
0 Kudos

Oh I see. I was under the impression that we needed dedicated PCs at the branches in order to perform polling. Thanks for the assist.

0 Kudos