cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Mark a node as out of service

I have a few nodes that are not in service right now. How can I change their status to show them as out of service?

I've looked at the node settings but I can't seem to find where to do this.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
6 Replies

Are you familiar with the "Unmanage" button on the Node Details screen?

Yes. And I have done that based on your feedback to my question. It has removed the devices from my list.

I believe I have the solution I was looking for. Thank you for your help.

Peter.

pshepherd@bramptonbrick.com

w. (905) 840-1011 ext.3218 | c. (416) 573-1475

Excellent! Glad we can help. Could you do us a Solid! and mark your original question as 'Answered'? Also, mark the particular response given to you as the one that answered your question. That way fellow Thwacksters know not to respond anymore.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'Out of Service'? superfly99​ is correct, Solarwinds has that functionality called "UnManage" listed on the Details page for every node. Did you mean something more?

0 Kudos

I have some devices that are no longer in use, but they hold an IP address. I don’t want to lose track of them, but I don’t need them showing up as offline. I want to tag them so everyone knows they have been taken out of service on purpose.

Peter.

pshepherd@bramptonbrick.com

w. (905) 840-1011 ext.3218 | c. (416) 573-1475

Set the node to unmanaged and select the time period you think they are going to be out of service.