cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Has anyone pulled Signal Strength and Quality from Cradle point devices into Solarwinds

We have deployed a number of cradle point cellular routers to mobile sites and small locations. i was wondering if anyone has attempted or was able to pull the Signal Strength and Quality (RSL and Signal to noise) into SolarWinds monitoring. i know cradle point has an API but i am unfamiliar with extracting data from that format.

Any Help would be great.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Level 7

Here's what I use:

1.3.6.1.4.1.20992.1.2.2.1.13 - Signal_To_Interference

1.3.6.1.4.1.20992.1.2.2.1.14 - Signal_Received_Power

1.3.6.1.4.1.20992.1.2.2.1.15 - Signal_Received_Quality

0 Kudos
Level 7

Hello!  Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  We have a growing number of Cradlepoints in our environment, and I would also like to know how to pull specific information from them to include in the down notifications (e.g., RSSI, SINR, latitude, and longitude).  I would also like to use this information to dynamically update the Worldwide Map.  Like you, I also support an organization in the oil and gas industry.  We have multiple sites that are semi-permanent (drilling rigs), and the variables I mentioned are extremely helpful when we have to troubleshoot connectivity problems with the cellular carrier.  This would also allow me to manage our Cradlepoints in the same pane of glass as our other network nodes.  I currently have to jump between different information systems to achieve this end, and it is a bit cumbersome.

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

Are you running NPM?  Then you should have access to the Universal Device Poller tool which would allow you to create custom pollers for any SNMP based OID.  Cradlepoint devices appear to be snmp capable and in a quick search I found the following for setting that up:  Public Knowledge Base

We appear to have the MIBs already incorporated into the database. WIPIPE-MIB  https://8535fe2169400172d177-ca20c12a60b762a27ac00022faae42ac.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/WIPIPE-MIB.txtIt looks like the signal strength OID would be 1.3.6.1.4.1.20992.1.2.2.1.4.  This should get your started.  You may want to create custom Views by Device Type for this gear. I walk through some of these methods and others here:  SolarWinds Technical Training: Customizing the Orion UI - YouTube 

pastedImage_5.png

0 Kudos