cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

Firewall Management

We are looking at new products to help us better manage our Cisco firewalls. We have quite a few in our envoriment and we mostly use CLI to manage them today. We also have a bunch of router ACLs which can be quite large and tough to manage.

I wanted to know if anyone can recommend a commerical product to manage Cisco firewalls and router ACLs. I've read about a product from Solsoft that looks pretty slick and might be a good fit. I'd like to see what others are using to manage these devices.

Thanks.

BB
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 13

Bryan

Have you had a look at CSM (Cisco Security Manager) it's a replacemtnt for VMS and looks great. I don't know whether it will work with the PIX firewall but it will definately work with the PIX replacment firewall the adaptive security appliance.

Jon

IT Infrastructure Manager
Pilgrim Hospital
UK
0 Kudos
Level 12

Have you taken a look at this tool?

http://www.telconi.com/windows.html
0 Kudos
Level 7

Have you check the ASDM software from Cisco that runs with V7? Looks pretty good and is free with maintenance.
0 Kudos
Level 12

I'm done with Ciscoworks. We have a alot of firewalls and large acls to manage. Cirrus is fine to back the configs up but we need a better tool to manage them.

Thanks.

BB
0 Kudos
Level 13

Have you looked at the PIX version of Cisco Works? It's not bad but we decided to drop it in the end as it was clunky and at the time didn't support PIX v7 software.

I've found that I can do most I need to do with our PIX's with Crrus, but we only have 5 to manage.

HTH

Jon

IT Infrastructure Manager
Pilgrim Hospital
UK
0 Kudos