If you came to root for the underdogs in this year’s bracket battle, you are going to be sorely disappointed.
Across the board the titans of the bracket stomped out the little guys.
Dog v spider, sounds like the title of a viral YouTube video, no? In the end, the arachnid didn’t stand a chance against the hound of Hades.
Let’s take a look at how our legends fared in round 1, shall we?
- rschroeder gave us some insight into why the Phantom Kangaroo didn’t stand a chance in this match-up: “No one ever named a team of war planes The Fabulous Phantom Kangaroos."
- Looking at the numbers ¾ of you agreed with tinmann0715’s sentiments “Chupacabra should win going away. It's legend is just too powerful for the White Stag to overcome. I expect the Chupacabra to go far in this tourney...”
- The comments were conflicted for this match-up, but the votes were clear. Nessie FTW with 80% of the vote!
- I’m with thegreateebzies on this one, “Looks like my faves are all losing in the first round. Everyone knows the Jackalope is the greatest...” #TeamJackalope #JackalopeIsNoJoke
- Looks like the little mermaid lost in a – what do you call it? Landslide!
- ecklerwr1 summed this one up nicely, “Easy one... Frankenstein Monster takes one look at Medusa and is turned to stone... done deal!!!”
- In the end, this match was decided by popularity instead of actual physical strength and abilities as noted in the comments. This is what makes Bracket battle so unpredictable and awesome!
- I was really curious how this match was going to go since both of these legends have been prominent in pop-culture in recent years. I definitely thought this was going to be a nail-bitter. It seems sparkling skin won out over rotting flesh at the end of the day.
- Cerberus’s victory from the play-in round was short lived. Kraken torpedoed its way to round 2!
- Without question this was the most magically delicious match-up we’ll see in this bracket. In the end it was the fighting Irish who took this one.
- Once again the comments had me on the edge of my seat, but this turned out to be one of the biggest shutouts of round 1. Dragon FTW with a commanding lead over its single-horned opponent.
- joshyaf summed this one better than I could, “Birds. Eat. Snakes. Boom.” There you have it, folks.
- This one really could have gone either way as these two opponents were the most equally matched pair of round 1. The abominable snowman left our forested friend with frostbite and manages to roll into round 2.
- This half & halfs match-up was nearly split 50/50! It came down to a photo finish in favor of Pegasus!
- rschroeder's commentary explains where it all went downhill for the Manticore: “Manticore is the bigger threat. But the Minotaur has more terror and less horror, given it's half man / half male bovine, lives in a maze that you'd never find your way out of before it got you, and the depictions I've seen have all imagined the Minotaur's Labyrinth to be all in the dark. There's nothing quite like knowing there's a scary thing in the dark hunting you to increase your terror . . .”
- I really can’t argue with zennifer’s statement on this one “Yeah.. you need to be afraid of anything with a SHE in its name!” Though this was a close call, the Banshee earned her victory shrieks this round.
Were you surprised by any of the shutouts or nail-biters for this round? Comment below!
It’s time to check out the updated bracket & start voting in the ‘Unbelievable’ round! We need your help & input as we get one step closer to crowning the ultimate legend!
SolarWinds solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base in the THWACK® online community.
More than 150,000 members are here to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly
contribute to our product development process.
Learn more today by joining now.