This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Use cases for Engineer Toolset for Web

I'm aware of the usefulness of the desktop Engineer's Toolset, but I'm trying to figure out what y'all use the Web toolkit for.  I happened to be going through some licenses and noticed that we had one unused copy of the Web Toolset that I presume came bundled with our single desktop toolkit that one of the other techs use.  I figured, what the hell, let me install it into our Orion and see what it does.  Aside from traceroute, which is available in just about every OS, the other 4 tools seem to be the same thing that can be done in NPM.  Maybe I'm just being dense, but I don't see what the purpose of this is.  How do y'all use this?  Just trying to get some ideas for use cases.

• Some of the usefulness off the top of my head...

• Real-time monitoring (changes from every 5 second)
    • Ability to keep a watch from mobile (through mobile browsers)
    • Integrated troubleshooting/monitoring experience - eg: pick a hop node directly from the traceroute and get more details about the node