This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SW RANT

Hi recently opened a tkt regarding a issue with Network Performance Monitor. I received an email from Caroline stating that our maintenance agreement was expired and the tkt was being closed. I immediately responded back to her informing her that we had already paid our renewal. She responded stating that she was forwarding the maintenance agreement issue to Customer Service. Meanwhile I have an unresolved issue with NetPerfMon and I haven't heard from Customer Service. I expected to be called immediately from Customer Service or at least Tech Support to engage resolution of the issue even if first they needed proof by seeing the purchase order. Solarwinds is making strides to compete on the Enterprise Level....maybe you're growing too fast if you can't recognize a paid customer. Also communicating by email without ever talking to the customer is NOT appealing. The initial contact should have been verbal even if a vm was left. NOT some cold I'm not interested in you as customer email. The other issue I have is we have paid for our Toolsets yet when an engineer receives a new computer or has a problem with Windows we have to contact tech support to reset the license for reinstall. Which means that we will always have to pay maintenance just to reinstall. At minium should be able to reinstall the application if needed.

•  torrielw - I am sorry you are experiencing issues with customer service. I have asked some folks to get things rolling regarding your account status. 

Regarding the licensing and needing to talk with support, you can end-around calling when moving a license by using the SolarWinds license manager, which you can download from your support portal.

HTH,

Greg

• The license manager works if I have the system to download it, install and deactivate the license. What I'm experincing here is after the fact. The computer has died or been replaced and the license is not there to deactivate. Why can't we just type in a license key as with other software?

•  Torrielw - that is correct. Our licensing system ties the license to the machine it is on, and the license key is different for each machine.  I am sorry, but if a machine dies and you cannot park the license using the license manager, you would still need to call, but you would not need active maintenance to reset the license.

HTH,

Greg

• HTH, thanks for the response and escalating to appropriate parties. I have received two calls from supervisors with SW who are working to resolve the issue. Sorry for the rant in the user forum.

• I followed all the instructions for transfering my Toolset license from old to new laptop - only to get an "Unable to deactivate/move license" error message.  Sent in a Medium priority request for assistance a week ago with no response beyond the automated acknowledgement.  This is an old version of the toolset but it suits my needs and is paid for - does the license moving tools work for others?

•  CMCJim - Give customer service a quick ring @ 866.530.8100, they should be able to reset your license for you.

HTH,

Greg