This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Port Security notifications in Engineer Toolset?

Can you setup the toolset to log when a port triggers portsecurity?  I monitor a network of about 125 switches and the toolset is all we have licensed,  port security is very commonly tripped, and it is a pain to find which switch its on.

• JKeeton81 - Probably the easiest way would be to turn on logging for portsecurity events, then use the Syslog Server in the Toolset to watch for events.

You can periodically search for (and easily determine the source) of port security events.

If you are using our Orion product, you can send alerts when you get these kinds of messages in via Syslog or Traps.

HTH,

Greg

• We are using Kiwi to monitor these events and send an email out as well as forward to our Orion's.

The email looks like:

Syslog message from sw123456abc - Error Disabled Port

2010-07-13 02:32:05 Local7.Warning sw123456abc 5826: Jul 13 02:32:04.926 CDT: %PM-4-ERR_DISABLE: psecure-violation error detected on Fa4/32, putting Fa4/32 in err-disable state

• Can you tell me how to turn it on for port security on switches?  I researched online and didnt see anything port security wise?   thanks