This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

New Version

Any word on a new release of the Toolsets? What improvements and features are planned for the next release? The automated NPM database maintenance is very buggy and going to an SQL database would make the tool so much more useful. The web access is what really seperates the toolsets from Orion. The toolsets are a single user network monitoring solution. Orion is meant for the multi user NOC and enterprise environments. Adding SQL to NPM in toolsets would not really be taking anything away from Orion!

Lockheed Martin
Atlas V Launch Operations
Network Engineer
  • Partly answered my own question here. Seems there is a new upgrade for $695 that allows you to use SQL with NPM. This is called the project management edition.

Lockheed Martin
    Atlas V Launch Operations
    Network Engineer
  • We have purchased it.
    But we are having problems creating the SQL database.
    It is giving us the error:

Cannot update database structure from
    'C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\Engineers Edition\NPM-PME\SWNetPerfmon.DBStructure'.

Cannot find the object "event" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.

Now I have e-mailed them to find out the problem. I am sure it's just a minor thing. I have not played with SQL servers in a long time.