cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Candidate Tester

I don't know if this is the proper place to ask this question but I cannot find it anywhere else. Anyone know where I can find documentation on how to release a candidate tester for a specific tool. I am looking into the switch port mapper but, documentation on how to release that with any tool would be helpful.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Level 8

Or even what a candidate tester is? I am guessing it has something to do with testing something with the tool but I am baffled...

0 Kudos

Hi Brandon,

I'm not sure what you mean by candidate tester. Could you please be more specific about what you are trying to achieve/ what problem to be solved?

Peter

0 Kudos

This is for a mission. I was going through them and couldn't find any direction at all. That is all that it says is to "release a candidate tester for switch port mapper".

Sorry if that is a little cryptic.

Brandon

0 Kudos

Not "Release a Candidate Tester." It's to be a "Release Candidate Tester" which means you're testing the newest version of the software (the Release Candidate) before it's officially declared the new, stable, official "Released" version. I can easily see how this would be confusing terminology for someone who isn't familiar with the term "release candidate."

0 Kudos

Hi byoder‌,

Those missions refer to sessions of RC or Beta testing for various products. Occasionally, Product Managers can invite users on thwack to test products, and by doing that, you can receive the corresponding badge and 2000 points.

So, in your case, it's a badge for the Switch Port Mapper RC testing. Hope this makes sense.

Maria

Oh OK, that makes sense. Thank you.

0 Kudos

Complicated.

0 Kudos