This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Automating Exports

Has anybody come up with a way to automate exporting information from the Advanced CPU monitor or the Network Performance Monitor?
  • Yes, I want to know also if anybody knows how to automate it. How about the Mib browser does anyone knows how to automate it? Or is it customizable?
  • Both the Advanced CPU monitor and the Network Performance Monitor store their information in a standard access database the files have just been named differently. You can open these files by right clicking and click the 'Open with' option then select Microsoft Access. This will give you the ability to design your own queries and export them to excel, etc. The database for the Network Performance Monitor is called SWNetPerfMon.cfg and the Database for Advanced CPU is whatever you named it when you clicked create new DB.

Eric Fetty
    Senior Network Administrator
    Siemens
    4705 Duke Drv
    Mason, OH 45040
    eric.fetty@sbs.siemens.com
  • Efetty, you made my day! I was having the hardest time with the schema file I made to view the auto-exported XML file, using the JET driver will save me TONS of time(in addition to the ability to see previous readings, not just current ones).
    I'm underway working up the dynamic graphs, but I have an additional question that you might be able to answer for me...
    Does SNMPGraph store any of its information anywhere? It would be VERY useful to have it monitor things like chassis voltage and temps, but I can't find where these values are stored. Are these destroyed and not written to disk?

Thanks for your information, and I look forward to your help this problem.

**>>Update>>**
    I guess I probably should have looked closer on SNMPGraph, I found both an auto-export and a web publishing feature in "Customize Graph" thanks anyway
    **<<Update<<**
    -Mason Cooper

Cooper & Scully
    900 Jackson St Suite 100
    Dallas, TX 75202
    mason.cooper@cooperscully.com
  • Glad I could help!

Unfortunately SNMP Graph does not store it's data in a database. However you can configure it to log to a flat file. After adding what you need to monitor to the SNMP Grapher, click the customize button, go to the polling tab, and there you can tell it to log to a file.

Eric Fetty
    Senior Network Administrator
    Siemens
    4705 Duke Drv
    Mason, OH 45040
    eric.fetty@sbs.siemens.com
  • I'd like to see it too - included in the package (I'm no access expert!)

I just went through 64 nodes exporting total bytes transfered (tbt) for one week with a 6h tbt csv file and a 1 day tbt bitmap.

It would have been much easier to have some king of function, preparing the graph (or csv file) once and tell it to go through all the nodes!

Ciao!
    Dom