This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Making a new view the default for a Role

I am having issues making a new "home" view to be the default for a new Role. I have created a view named "NOC" and assigned a few menu bar items ( Events, Alerts, Traps, Netflow, and Orion Servers ) for the NOC to view also. When I log into an account with the "NOC" Role, the "home" ends up being something other then the NOC view I created. Its generally ends up being Events. If I remove Events from the Role, it will default to Alerts. If I remove Alerts from the Role, it defaults to Netflow.

The ONLY way I can get the default ( or home ) view to work properly is to remove all the permissions from the Role except for the "NOC" view I created.

This won't work.

Suggestions ? Comments ? Help ?

• Hi Joseph, unfortunately you are not able to set home view for users this way. If the user doesn't have access to the default Home view, he/she is redirected to another view, which is selected more or less randomly. Specifying home view for users is on our road map for some future EOC release.

For now, the only way how to specify home view is to change the URL for EOC to something like: http://servername/?viewName=NOC

Jan