This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How do you hide the Server & Application menu bar?

How do you hide the Server & Application menu bar?

I don't have SAM. I'd like to hide the menu bar but it doesn't seem to show menu a blank option. The Server & Application views should not be available to anyone.

• If  you might get SAM in the future then restricting the bar is the user account is preferred.

settings

Manage Accounts (Under User Accounts)

select the appropriate user(s) and click "edit"

set ApplicationsTab Menu Bar to "none" (if you selected more than one user, you may need to check the box "Select the menu bar for this account." This will set all menu bars for selected accounts to the same values.)

Submit

This should remove the bar globally--

Settings

Customize Menu Bars (under Customize Navigation & Look)

find "Menu Bar: APM_TabMenu

delete this bar. (Aplication Performance Monitor is the old name for SAM)

• None is not an option though. In NPM I see none clearly. In EOC it's not in the list.

• OK, I understand the problem now. However, I do not have a solution. Is your NPM up to date?

• my NPM is only 10.6, but my EOC which has the issue is 1.6

• Hi Thompson,

Please follow the below steps as follows:

1. Launch the EOC Web console.
    2. Go to Settings->Manage Views.
    3. In the Manage View Templates, select the option "Applications" and then select "Edit View" icon.
    4. In the Edit Applications Template, Unselect the option "Administrator_Applications" present under "Menu bar"
    5. Click on "Ok, Save Changes".

Now, place the mouse over on "Server & Applications" View and check that "Applications" menu / Resource itself will be hidden away.

When you want the "Applications" tab again, you can again select that "Administrator_Applications" in the Menu bar.

Please revert if the above steps resolves your issue.

• This is pretty close to what I need. At least it will cut off some questions. Ideally the whole tab can be removed. It was possible on 1.5, c'est la vie.

• The only way i have found to completely "hide" a tab is to have no tab menu items in it.  However, all menu bars MUST have at least one menu item.  But far be it from us to let that stop progress.  Now this next part depends on how skilled you are at database modification.

IF YOU DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE MAKING DATABASE CHANGES DO NOT PROCEED.

So the tabs and menus are XML driven.  The GUI is just a front end that modifies the XML in the database.  Change the XML directly and you can get around the GUI-based requirements.

First off, create a new Menu from Settings -> Add New Menu Bar.  Name it something like BLANK.  Add any of the premade menu bar items and click SUBMIT.

Next, using the SolarWinds Database Manger, connect to your EOC database and go to the EOC_Settings table.  Enable table editing.  If you used BLANK, then use this:

SELECT TOP 1000 * FROM [dbo].[EOC_Settings]

where settingsUserIDToken = 'Blank'

Double click the XMLSettings cell.  Delete everything inside.  Replace it with the text below EXACTLY.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?><MenuBarSettings xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" z:Id="1" xmlns:z="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2003/10/Serialization/" xmlns="http://schema.solarwinds.com/2007/12/EOC/Web"><Name z:Id="2">Blank</Name><MainMenuItems z:Id="3" z:Size="0" /></MenuBarSettings>

Click back into the query window to set the change.  Hit Execute query and confirm the new data is there.  Wait about 5-10 minutes for the GUI to update then go back to Settings -> Manage Menu Bars.  You should then have a menu with nothing in it.

Lastly, go to Settings -> Edit Roles.  Find the role you want to edit and use the drop down menus shown below to set "Applications & Server tab" to your new blank tab menu.

EOC_Menus.jpg

AGAIN, I CANNOT stress enough, only proceed if you feel confident in your SQL management skills.  Otherwise, hope it helps!