cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Email Alert Not Received After Setting Alert Schedule Time

Hi

I have setup an alert that emails me when a device is down.  The alert works correctly.  I have now edited the alert and have added a schedule to only trigger alerts between 9am - 5pm.

The issue I have is that if a device goes down at 7 am I do not get an e-mail even if the device is down for a day.

If there a way to make the alert trigger at 9am?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 8

Hi

I think i have attached the screenshots you need.  In the 2nd screenshot I have configured the triggering hours under "Time of day" in top left

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

0 Kudos

And actually jbarr3tt​ I may be misunderstanding...  with your configuration (If you have set the Time of Day section for 9-5) the behavior of the alert would be not to trigger outside of the designated hours.  If you have a server go down at 7 AM, if that server is STILL down at 9, you would receive a notification.  If that server has already come back up, you will not receive a notification. 

0 Kudos

So what is configured under the Time of Day section?  You likely need to remove the restriction on the Alert itself...  Allow that to trigger at all times, but configure a schedule in your email action for the 9-5. 

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

jbarr3tt​ not sure this is tied to the Enterprise Console in this case, however, I believe I may be able to help.  Would you be able to send screenshots of how you built your Trigger Condition and your Trigger Actions?

0 Kudos